Translate

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Revealed! 'Why I resigned' - Kesh, and Osaze Finally reveals Why they're quitting Super Eagles!


   

In a recent interview with the CableNG, the super eagles coach, Keshi gave an insight into why he is leaving the team.

“Yes. I have done my bit. I am tired of all the intrigues and backbiting and insinuations I get. The criticisms are nothing really because even siblings criticize each other. In this job sometimes it goes overboard and my family and those of my players get called names. I have had to tell the players many times to ignore those criticisms and just focus on the tasks at hand,” he said.
When asked if it was remotely possible that he stays considering the fact that he is still loved by many Nigerians, he expressed his doubts saying: “The same ones who were calling for my head after the Iran match? That “the World Cup is too big for Keshi”? I know there are many who truly support what we have been trying to do over these past months but I just cannot continue in this job anymore.

“To start with, my contract ended with the last match and the Federation never approached me for a renewal. What does that say? It says to me I’m not wanted. I am going to go and rest, spend some time with my family and then hopefully get another job where I am wanted.”

Meanwhile Osaze Odemwingie and Vincent have also resigned!
Following their defeat to France in the World cup knockout stage on Monday, Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama and Osaze Odemwingie have quit the Super Eagles team.
"I am confident I should go now, and I can say I have no bad feelings. I am happy we played well but lost. I am not too sure now whether to wish we played badly and win or the other way round. Whatever the case, I am happy I am leaving the team in the hands of capable younger players." Odemwingie said.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment