Translate

Monday 29 September 2014

“F**k It, I quit.” News Anchor Quits On Air to Draw Attention to Marijuana Prohibition

 http://themindunleashed.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/fuck-it.jpeg
“[I] will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska,” she said. “And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, f**k it, I quit.”

Charlo Greene, up until Sunday night, was a reporter for KTVA in Alaska. Secretly, she was also the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, and organization which connects medical marijuana cardholders with other cardholders who are growing cannabis.

Greene had just finished up a report on the Alaska Cannabis Club during Sunday night’s broadcast when she made a huge statement.


“Now everything you’ve heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska,” she said. “And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, fuck it, I quit.”

She then walked off camera, leaving her fellow newscaster in a hilarious loss of words.
According to Alaska Dispatch News, Greene said KTVA had no idea she was going to quit, or that she was connected to the Alaska Cannabis Club.

Asked why she quit in such a dramatic way, she said, “Because I wanted to draw attention to this issue. And the issue is medical marijuana. Ballot Measure 2 is a way to make medical marijuana real … most patients didn’t know the state didn’t set up the framework to get patients their medicine.”

“If I offended anyone, I apologize, but I’m not sorry for the choice that I made,” she said.
Her attempt to draw attention to the issue has worked. Video clips of the broadcast have been climbing to the top of Reddit and are quickly going viral.

Even the anti-legalization group “Big Marijuana. Big Mistake. Vote No on 2” tweeted about it.

#KTVA reporter covering ballot measure 2 loses her mind, confeses to being an owner of the cannabis club and quits while on the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment